Report Investigation Request


An applicant may file a dispute or claim that information on the completed background check report is inaccurate or incomplete. The disputed item can pertain to criminal records, driving records and education/employment records. The dispute can only be filed with us if we processed your background report for you or a company you were seeking employment with. We cannot process disputes if the background report was processed by another company.

We will investigate all the items in question by contacting the source (ie. courts, dmv, school, employer) of the disputed information. The investigation process can take up to 30 days from the date we received your dispute. When this process is complete, we will notify you and the company who requested the background check of the investigation results.


Provide your identifying and contact information below, which will be used for purposes of authenticating your identity and protecting your privacy - provide as much detail as possible in the Report Details section. If you have supporting documents regarding your dispute please fax to 888-827-4468 or email to after submitting your request.


If an employer or prospective employer has completed a background check for which you are the subject InfoCheckUSA may have information about you in its system. If information about you is held by InfoCheckUSA, you are entitled to one free copy per year of any report we may have.