Form I-9 Background Checks
INFOCHECKUSA IS AUTHORIZED BY HOMELAND SECURITY TO PERFORM I9 VERIFICATIONS
Instant Verification Cost: $6.95 (volume rates available)
GET I-9 Compliant with InfoCheckUSA.com
What impact does this have on the law-abiding employer? Verifying your employees' legal status is clearly necessary. However, the time, energy, and paperwork involved in verifying your new employee's I-9 (Immigration Status) forms can be overwhelming. InfoCheckUSA.com, is an authorized designated agent by Homeland Security, offers an Immigration Status solution that will economically streamline the verification process and get your new employees into your workplace all the faster. Our system is directly integrated with DHS and is very easy to use thereby making your I9 verifications a breeze!.
Our secure and accurate Form I-9 services will:
- Help you ensure that your workforce is legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Simplify and improve the efficiency of your Form I-9 employment verification process.
- Substantially decrease human errors in completing Form I-9s.
- Improve the accuracy of your payroll and tax reporting and virtually eliminate SSA inquiries concerning unmatched Social Security accounts.
- Cost-effectively reduce your exposure to government audits, financial penalties and negative publicity resulting from non-compliance.
- Our system offers the value of generating electronic I-9s and storing the originals with responses for audits as needed.
- Our streamlined process will make it easy and quick for an employer to fill out the forms correctly, consistently, and in compliance.
Here's How Immigration Status Verification Works:
- Your company gives InfoCheckUSA written authorization to perform Immigration Status Verifications on its' behalf
- Our experienced researchers will verify your potential employees through the Department of Homeland Security.
- You will receive accurate, cost-effective results within 24-48 hours.
Additional Benefits from InfoCheckUSA
- InfoCheckUSA Immigration Status Verification program also grants your company added protection in the unlikely event of an audit or other investigation.
- We archive all of your completed verifications indefinitely.
Government to increase fines for businesses that hire illegal immigrants
"This is a way to keep that pressure up, to make sure people are complying with the law," Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said.
Under the plan, which becomes effective March 27, the minimum penalty for willingly hiring an unauthorized worker would go from $275 to $375. The maximum penalty will jump from $2,200 to $3,200, and the maximum for multiple violations will increase from $11,000 to $16,000.
ICE is not only going after employers, but the individual executives, managers and former, managers who actually hire illegal workers are being held accountable.
- In April, ICE Agents arrested seven current and former managers of a Nationwide Pallet Company. The charges in the criminal complaints allege harboring aliens for illegal advantage and, in two instances, document fraud
- Last December, two executives of a California fence-building company pleaded guilty to knowingly hiring illegal immigrants. The company was ordered to forfeit $4.7 million to the U.S. government. One was ordered to pay a $200,000 fine, the other a $100,000 fine.
Even if you don't knowingly hire illegal aliens, inadvertent I-9 mistakes can still result in penalties, not to mention the sudden loss of workers if ICE audits your records and removes employees who are not eligible to work in the U.S.
Anyone aware of the news these days knows there's a massive debate under way in the United States about the issue of illegal immigration.
Some 12 million illegal immigrant workers are said to already be in the United States, with more arriving daily. Most come for jobs and are willing to take even the most undesirable of tasks ... jobs American citizens flatly refuse to do ... as the pay is many times what it would be back home.
That makes the workplace a key line of defense. If such workers can't get hired, officials reason, the inflow will dry up.
To this end, the U.S. government, through its Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, has begun aggressively leaning on companies, big and small, to stop them from hiring illegal immigrants.
Swift & Company was one company recently "ICE'd." The giant meat packer had plants in six states shut down while agents rounded up more than 1,200 alleged illegals. Another firm, which recycles wooden pallets, had 40 locations hit, in 26 states. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, whose department oversees ICE, promises more such action. "We're going to keep bringing these cases," he said.
Nevertheless, employers are charged with verifying the legal status of every employee, with the tools currently in hand. Tools, which improperly handled, can result in civil penalties or, if it can be proved that you "knowingly" hired illegal immigrants for financial gain, can have you spending up to 10 years in jail.
Employment I-9 Verification
I-9 Compliance provides the newest, most efficient methods of responding to the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act and enables employers to easily conduct legal right to work Form I-9 employment verifications on new employees. The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) legally mandates that U.S. employers verify the employment eligibility status of newly-hired employees and makes it unlawful for employers to knowingly hire or continue to employ unauthorized workers.
What impact does this have on the law-abiding employer? Verifying your employees' legal status is clearly necessary. However, the time, energy, and paperwork involved in verifying your new employee's I-9 (Immigration Status) forms can be overwhelming. InfoCheckUSA (authorized by Homeland Security) offers an Immigration Status solution that will economically streamline the verification process and get your new employees into your workplace all the faster. Results available 24 to 48 hours. Search Fee $6.95.
I-9 Verification | Form I9 | I-9 Immigration Status